We began with some questions to help us think about who we had been discipled by and how much of it had been deliberate or by osmosis and the lessons we had learnt.
- How did you learn to pray?
- How did you learn to read and understand the Bible?
- How did or are you learning how to parent?
- What has influenced your thinking on marriage?
- How did you reach your conclusions about the gospel and giving?
For those who grew or grow up in Christian families so often we pick up and assume the patterns of our parents both for good and bad. For those who read we learn how to do some of those things and have convictions formed in us through books and authors. I am hoping the Bible plays a significant part in it. But what about other people, have we seen these things modelled and taught to us in terms of discipleship by someone who we know and love and see these things being wrestled through in a gospel, cross carrying way?